The City of Venice is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. As part of its Drug Free Workplace program, successful
candidates must pass a drug screen and pre-employment physical exam. In
accordance with the Immigration Reform Act, appropriate identification
documents verifying eligibility for employment will be required. Reasonable
accommodations will be made during the employment process for qualified
applicants with disabilities. For further information regarding the recruitment
and selection process, please call or visit the cityís Administrative Services
POLICE OFFICER QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible
for employment as a police officer with the City of Venice, an applicant:
requirements for employment as a police officer with the City of Venice are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Prefer Florida
certified (or certifiable) in law enforcement, but will accept
applications from individuals who are currently enrolled in a certified
- Prefer an associate degree from an
- Must be of good moral character as determined
by a thorough background check, with no conviction of a felony or a
misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
- If applicant is a veteran of an armed forces service
of the United States,
must have a minimum of a general discharge.
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida driverís license.
- Successfully completed state approved Physical
Abilities Test within last six (6) months. Applicants not meeting this requirement must successfully
complete the PAT test.
- Undergo a physical examination by a licensed
physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. Visual acuity is
included in the exam. Based on the results of the examination, the
examining physician must attest that the applicant is capable of
performing the essential functions of a police officer.
- Be a minimum of nineteen (19) years of age.
- Successfully complete a polygraph.
- Successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Successfully pass a psychological evaluation.