You are here: Home > FAQs


What do I have to do to get married in Venice?

For information, see the clerk of circuit court Web site:  or call (941) 861-7400 or e-mail at

How do I obtain a Florida driver’s license in Venice?

A driver’s license can be obtained at the Department of Motor Vehicles, located in the county tax collector's office in the Sarasota County Robert L. Anderson Administration Center, 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice. To make an appointment, call (941) 861-5000. Renew or change address online: click on driver's license.

How do I register my automobile in Sarasota County?

For automobile registration, see the Sarasota county tax collector’s Web site:, click on motor vehicles, or call (941) 861-5000.

How do I make a domicile declaration in Florida?

A declaration of domicile may be done through the clerk of the circuit court:, click on county recorder and official records, or call (941) 861-5000.

Where do I learn more about registering to vote?

For information about voter registration, see Sarasota County supervisor of elections: or call (941) 861-3760 or (941) 861-8600, or visit the Sarasota County Robert L. Anderson Administrative Center, 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Florida voter online registration:

What are the laws governing pets and other animals?

Sarasota County has several regulations regarding pets and animals that apply in Venice. For information, see Sarasota County Sheriff's Department Animal Services,, click on Animal Services, or call (941) 861-9500.

How can I learn about area property transactions?

Property transactions are recorded by Sarasota County and are online at

How can I find help for my elderly family member or friend?

Here are some starting points:(1.) First Call for Help is a clearinghouse for social services. Call (941) 485-1880. (2.) Senior Friendship Center, 3450 Scenic Drive, offers many services such as classes, arts and crafts, dancing, candlelight dinners, and health services. Call (941) 493-3065. (3.) Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver hot meals six days a week for a nominal fee. Call between 8 - 11 a.m. weekdays, (941) 488-1889. (4.) Sarasota County Area Transit provides bus service throughout the county. Call SCAT, (941) 861-1234. (5.) For more information, call the United Way's hotline: 211.

What are the city’s rules regarding noise?

The City’s noise ordinance is as follows: Sec. 34 (click on Code of Ordinances in the left pane).

How do I obtain a birth or death certificate or other vital records?

Contact Florida Department of Health. See and click on "Birth & Death Certificates” or dial the local phone number, (941) 861-2555.